Monday, September 14, 2009

First post, RoboNation wrapup, and the state of things to come!

First post on the new Swami Sessions blog!

If you're just tuning in, my name is Navi and I am a hip hop musician/artist living just outside of Washington, DC. When I'm not slaving in the studio, I work at one of the most prominent club/music venues in the DC area. If you're looking to download some of my older material, feel free to check out my website and download what you can (click on the keyboard).

So first order of business on the agenda, Robonation! Despite Murphy's Law in full effect (no bass rig, iPod shuffling up the setlist, set time mis-communication) everything went pretty well. My half hour set stretched out a bit longer than myself or the event planners predicted, but when you're caught up in a freestyle session with live instruments, time slips by a bit too fast...Had to skip two songs on my setlist to make up for that. That much said, I had a fucking blast and I can't wait to do it again! As soon as I get some pictures or video, I'll post them up!

Next order of business, the album. Grayscale, originally slated to be released free online on September 1st, has been delayed due to (lack of) studio time and my own hectic work schedule. I have five songs left to record for the album, though, and I'm hoping to have it out by the end of this month. I'll keep my fingers crossed. However, the Grayscale Trailer mixtape is still available on my website, so you should go download it.

Although the album has been delayed, I've still had time to record some tracks on my own bootleg recording setup . On top of Asher Roth's I Love College beat, I do my own little story take on college. This'll probably be the first installment in a series of short story songs. You can download it here. Hit me up and let me know what you think!

That much said, check this blog for site updates, news, info, and (most likely) stories and bitching from work...until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment